Saturday, April 14, 2007

Handicraft in Laos

hi guys,



remember these wooden blocks we're gonna give the kids in Laos?

As a form of cultural/gift exchange, we'd be conducting another handicraft session for the students to create something for the kids in Singapore.:)

I'm suggesting that we weave thread around pencils to form words.



(Front View of pencil-this is a present from my friend so my name's on it: ))



(Back view of pencil)



(close-up)

I've checked with my friend, it takes about 30 mins to complete a pencil, so maybe for us newbies, it'd take 1hour plus? I'm suggesting this cause:
1)I think primary school kids like such stationery.(I did then...haha.)
2)Cost is reasonable-pencils and thread
3)Easy to bring back to S'pore-not fragile.

What do you guys think? Let me know if its feasible and if it is, I'll get my friend to teach me how to do it and I will teach you guys during our next meeting on the 4th of may.

Thanks,
zhiqi

No comments: